When you think about New Year’s dessert recipes, you probably plan to buy a cake at the store, however, making something special at home is not difficult at all. For you, we have prepared at once 10 recipes for extraordinarily delicious cakes, all you have to do is choose, cook and surprise your guests.
Roll “Red Velvet”.
Sometimes, when there is very little time left before a holiday or dinner with friends, you think of a dessert. To prepare the Red Velvet Roll, you need literally an hour of time, and the stunning result will surpass all expectations.
Sometimes, when there’s not much time left before a party or dinner with friends, you think of dessert. To make the “Red Velvet” roll, you need literally an hour of time, and the amazing result will surpass all expectations.
Wheat flour – 100 g
Sugar – 100 gr
Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp.
Eggs – 3 pcs.
Baking powder – 10 gr
Vanillailla – ¼ tsp.
Red Dye – 2 tsp.
Cream Cheese Curd – 300 g
Butter – 180 gr
Powdered sugar – 90 g
Sugar powder – 100 gr
Cold water – 4 tbsp.
Cognac – 3 tbsp.
Freshly frozen red currants – 20 gr
You will need
Baking dish size 30 cm x 40 cm
How to cook “Red Velvet” roll
- Prepare the dough: beat hen’s eggs and 100 grams of sugar with a mixer until foamy.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, vanilla and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Add red dye and mix gently with a spatula until smooth.
- Prepare the cream: In a deep bowl, mix the cheese, softened butter and 90g of powdered sugar with a mixer.
- Line a 30cm x 40cm baking tray with baking paper, with the edges of the paper raised slightly above the batter, pour the batter and spread it all over the tray.
- Bake the crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 180°C.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and transfer the cake together with the paper to a table.
- Drizzle the ready cake with Cognac.
- Spread the cheese cream evenly on the surface of the tart pastry and wrap it in a tight roll.
- Wrap the roll in paper and cling film and leave for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Take the roll out of the fridge and prepare fondant – thoroughly mix 100g of powdered sugar and 4-5 hours of cold water in a bowl, mix until a thick homogeneous mass.
- Spoon the ready fondant on the roll and decorate with red currants.
- Place red velvet roll in fridge for 30 minutes. The dessert is ready!